The stats helper monkeys at WordPress.com mulled over how this blog did in 2010, and here’s a high level summary of its overall blog health:
The Blog-Health-o-Meter™ reads Wow.
About 3 million people visit the Taj Mahal every year. This blog was viewed about 53,000 times in 2010. If it were the Taj Mahal, it would take about 6 days for that many people to see it.
In 2010, there were 65 new posts, growing the total archive of this blog to 289 posts. There were 7 pictures uploaded, taking up a total of 142kb.
The busiest day of the year was December 24th with 581 views. The most popular post that day was Answers for IInterconnecting Cisco Networking Devices (ICND) Practice Questions – Module 5.
Where did they come from?
The top referring sites in 2010 were en.wordpress.com, google.com, techtutorials.net, google.co.in, and search.conduit.com.
Some visitors came searching, mostly for network topologies, icnd1 breakdown, ethernet standards chart, icnd2, and csma cd vs csma ca.
Attractions in 2010
These are the posts and pages that got the most views in 2010.
Answers for IInterconnecting Cisco Networking Devices (ICND) Practice Questions – Module 5 August 2009
ICND1 and ICND2 break down June 2009
ICND1 break down — Network Topologies June 2009
IT Practice Exam site-build stage 4 is finished. Now the CCENT practice exam has more question types — besides the existing single selection, multiple selection style questions, I added drag and drop, fill-in-blank, and testlet style questions. Try it out now!
The Exam interface are more user-friendly, I added legends and changed the layout of exam result display. It’s now a closer simulation for the real cisco CCENT certification exam.
In stage 5, simulet and router simulation style questions will be developed and integrated into the existing Exam system, more questions will be added to the question pool, so stay tuned.Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( 1 so far )
I just get the Fill-in-blank type questions implemented. Here is the demo of Fill-in-blank style questions. My next goal is to implement testlet style questions and integrate the Fill-in-blank and drag and drop demos into the pratice test.Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( None so far )
After a lot of tests on windows, Mac and Linux for the major browsers, I finally get the drag and drop style question implemented. Here is the demo of drag and drop style questions. My next goal is to implement fill-in-blank style questions.Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( None so far )
IT Practice Exam stage 3 is finished. Now you will see pictures and question related tutorial and Explains link. Try it out!
In Stage 4, I will implement other types of questions such as drag and drop, testlet, simulet and router simulation. Keep tuned!Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( None so far )
The database management module for IT Practice Exam website have been finished. I tested the records insertion, update and delete functions on the major browsers, it works well. Now I can insert many questions/answers to the database by just copying/pasting them into a text area. The database module then generates the corresponding mysql insert queries and adds records into the database. So far, I have inputed about 140 questions, more will be added in the future.
In my next update, I will attach pictures and question explanations to the questions. Keep yourself tuned.Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( None so far )
I plan to build a sister website IT Practice Exam providing exam simulator for visitors.
I plan to build a website providing exam simulator for visitors.
Application Level Description:
Step 1, the User should input the following informations through the webpage.
- The exam type, for example, “java interview” or “Cisco CCENT”.
- The number of questions, for example 5.
- With or without time limit.
- multiple choice or single choice (or description).
- (email address for follow-up?)
After the user press “Begin Test” button, an exam will be generated with a clock timing down. Then user answers the questions by clicking the radio buttons.
The test will end either when it times out or user presses “Finish Test”.
The system will give the following information as the testing result:
- uer’s score, the time elapsed.
- the correct answers.
- user’s selections.
- the link to tutorials of tested knowledge for each question.
- some smart analysis about the test result.
Module Level Description:
This application have three-tier structure.
A database act as the consistency layer. Each test type should have one table storing the questions. For each question, there should be many corresponding answers. Some answers are correct, others are incorrect. A question may have pictures associated with it. There should be audit tables stores the testers’ statistics such as average score, which is used to decide the difficulties for questions.
At middle-tier module is used to collect information from website, query database and generate test questions. After test, this module collects the choices from webpage, compares them with database then sends the result to the analysis module. The analysis module then returns analysis result to the middle-tier module, so that it can generate html page showing the result.
Optionally, the following module will be added in the second stage:
- email module to contact the subscribers.
- a spider module which search the internet for questions and update the database regularly.
Implementation Level Description:
- The network structure: x10hosting.com have the mysql database, php hosted. The tutorials are hosted on wordpress.com. At my local computer, I have another mirror mysql database installed, the local mysql database is updated by spider installed in my local network. The local network use dynamic domain name and PAT to interact with the internet. I will manually or automatically update the x10hosting.com database with new data after some time interval.
- The database structure: a database named “db_tester”. Tables include tb_question, tb_answer, tb_picture, tb_meta. The table tb_question has columns Q_ID, question, answers_number, asked_time, correct_time, links, create_time, update_time. The table tb_answer has columns A_ID, question_ID, answer, correct, create_time, update_time. The question_ID is the foreign key pointing to the db_question’s primary key Q_ID. The table tb_picture have columns P_ID, Q_ID, P_ID, data, create_time, update_time, where the Q_ID is the foreign key pointing to the primary key of table db_question. The table tb_meta have columns M_ID, Q_ID, create_time, update_time. This table is used for future upgrade if more types of imformation is associated with the questions.
- The php middle tier structure: create a plugin based on poll plugin. Three module files: userconfig.php, display.php, analyzer.php. These three files maps to the three main functions: collect users configurations, display exam QA and exam results, analyze the user’s test results.
- In the future updates, if I still using slow x10hosting.com, I will develop a client side program with either applet or flash. This client side box generates each question in a separate page.
- If I decide to shift to a faster site server, I can generates each question in a separate page, which have a parameter named “choice”. When user press next, page appends the current question number and the choice of the answers to the “choice” parameter then sends it to the next question page. At the end of the exam, the user press “finish” button, the “choice” parameter will be posted to analyzer.php.
IT Practice Exams, the sister site of IT certifications is launched.
This site provides free on-line Exams and Exam result analysis for IT certifications such as CCENT, CCNA, mcts 70-536. It also provides free IT related job interview questions and answers.
While IT Certifications features video tutorials; IT Practice Exams will feature interactive modules and data analysis engine. Together, they provide high quality IT self-training experience for end-users for free.Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( None so far )